Monday, September 2, 2013

Lets Talk about FOOD!

The dinner that Jocelyne cooked for me on my first night was magnificent! It was a traditional French family meal. We had Quiche, a tomato salad, a carrot salad, chicken and rice, two types of cheeses, french bread, and musk melon for dessert.



Today, I woke up around 8 and met up with Emily and we went grocery shopping. We've found that our apartments are incredibly close together which is amazing. I bought a lot of stuff (especially since I had to lug all of it up four flights of stairs WITHOUT an elevator!). The store was called "Carrefour" and it was very, very small, but they had everything I could possibly want and it was incredibly close to my apartment.

Here's some of what I purchased:






Most of the stuff I bought was typically french, but I did retain a little bit of America...



Then we went back to our apartments to put our food away and went off exploring!

We saw a lot of noteworthy things. The gigantic and notorious elephant water fountain, for example.




However, we were the most exited by a little sandwich/pastry shop were we had lunch! I had a bacon and egg sandwich, where bacon was actually Canadian Bacon. I also bought a box of macaroons which I saved for later.



It was incredibly fun to just wander around town. We found a coffee shop and a movie theater, but I don't think that many American movies will be shown there. Emily and I picked out a couple of movies there we would like to see and made plans to go and see them in the next couple of weeks.

Let the Shenanigans Continue! 
Lacey 

3 comments:

  1. So happy I could cry with excitement to read every detail, I have my new computer hooked up (thanks to Lacey) , I can read all your blogs nothing is to trivial the food looks delicious,I remember being in Biarritz drinking Orangina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy access to Orangina... one of the reasons I love living in France :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I've only been here three days and I've already had about five bottles!

      Delete